New Year's Resolution Workshop
Defining resolution for the New Year is a tradition many cultures have. Setting them is one thing, sticking to them much harder. Claudia Disco guided the inspiring exchange among the participants and gave out a handy coaching tool, that can help to align as well your goals with your personal wheel of life.
SET YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS AND STICK TO THEM
Goals are there to inspire you, not to beat yourself up with!
First, celebrate 2019
1. In what ways did you grow in the past year?
2. What were you proud to have accomplished in the past year?
Second, set great goals for 2020
Understand your “why”
Knowing your why is an important first step in figuring out how to achieve the goals that excite you and create a life you enjoy living.
1. Why is this goal important to you?
2. Why do you want to change?
3. Why does it matter? 4. Why now?
Align with your core values
When we think about how we want to live our life, we are focusing on values. Values are like a compass that keep us headed in a desired direction.
1. What activities, experiences, people cause you to feel deeply engaged and connected?
2. Are the goals something you truly want, or are they something you think you should have or should be doing? What if a new law was passed that made your goal illegal, would you fight the law?
3. When you think about your goal does it give you a sense of deep contentment or 'rightness', happiness and/or excitement?
State your goals in the positive
Be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented, Relevant and Time-Bound
This article and video will help you cover the SMART part: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/smart-goals.htm
• Is 12 months too far away for you, make 12 week resolutions: http://www.intheblackworkshops.com/want-to-stick-to-your-new-years-resolutions-make-12- week-resolutions-instead/
• Set goals, not resolutions: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashiraprossack1/2018/12/31/goals-not- resolutions/#71f823923879
• Fun facts: https://k-international.com/blog/new-years-resolutions/